The Pitt wasn’t exactly the most fun that I’ve had with Fallout 3 given the technical issues riddling its broken landscape, but the upcoming Broken Steel sounds like it could be just the thing to help get past it.
Here’s a short list of what Bethesda is promising to flash blind players with once it hits on May 5th:
- raising the level cap from 20 to 30 along with including a new perks, two confirmed so far:
Steel Nerves – speedier regeneration of AP points
Puppies! – If Dogmeat dies, he’ll come back as a puppy that can be recruited again at certain points in the game. Neat.
- New monsters including the armored Ghoul Reaper, Overlord Super Mutant, and a new Enclave soldier with a flaming personality
- New quest involving the Brotherhood of Steel fighting against a revitalized Enclave across the DC Wasteland
- New areas to explore including a Presidential Metro line running beneath DC and the Enclave’s new digs
- New weapons such as the awe-inspiring Tesla Cannon which can apparently down a Vertibird in one shot. Yeah, you’ll need that.
Since work on this DLC was mentioned to have begun in December of last year, I have high hopes that this won’t have the kind of issues that The Pitt suffered from. Aside from changing the ending allowing the game to be more open ended, depending on what you chose to do at the climax of the adventure the Wasteland will reflect your decision in whether you followed the “good” side or snuck in something special for “evil”.
And here are a few juicy pics to show off some of the new stuffs: