IGN has posted a great interview with Jeff Gardiner, the lead producer for Fallout 3, talking about the DLC “Operation Anchorage”. I had guessed that they would use some kind of simulation angle to get the player into a battle that happened two centuries earlier and I was right, and the new art looks great! Check this shot out from IGN’s site:
Mmmm, the Gauss Rifle… Anyways, it’s a good read. The points that stuck with me from it were:
- a new perk called Covert Ops
- focus on combat/stealth combination
- new weapons, armor, and acheivements…I guess it’s not all in your head
- four to five hours in length
- involves the liberation of Alaska from Chinese occupation; sounds like you’ll also be leading and commanding tactical teams of NPCs in helping accomplish this…sweet.
The interview also touches in the next two DLCs, The Pitt (taking place in Pittsburgh), and Broken Steel which will somehow work your character back into the main game. If you’ve seen the “heroic” ending of F3, you’re probably asking the same question I am…how?!